Hygiene Milk Factory Floor Applications for Dairy Plants
In food production facilities such as dairy plants, where high hygiene processes are required, hygiene starts from the ground. The milk factory floor must be acid prof, anti-bacterial, and easy to clean in accordance with the needs of the facility.
The food production chain is developing and becoming more important day by day. In dairy processing plants, hygiene is much more prominent, as milk is a perishable food quickly and easily. Unhygienic working conditions cause bacteria to grow. Bacteria-growing milk poses a significant risk for human health.
The importance of hygiene and sanitation in the dairy industry
Dairy products produced in the dairy industry; must be free of harmful pathogens such as Salmonella, Campylobacter jejuni, Listeria monocyogenes, Yersinia enterocolitica, etc. These microbes can cause serious problems, especially in older people, pregnant women, children, and immunocompromised individuals.
Unhygienic production and storage processes of dairy products;
– Firstly, the ground of the facility does not have the necessary features,
– Secondly, failure to provide hygiene in the facility,
– Thirdly, machines and equipment,
It can occur through a variety of sources, such as packaging materials. It has become mandatory for dairy farms and milk production facilities to comply with GMP, GHP, and HACCP rules in order to prevent risks associated with hygiene standards in the dairy industry.
Milk factory hygiene
Effective cleaning and sanitation play an important role in maintaining mandatory hygiene measures in dairy processing plants. Hygiene typically consists of three parts – Business hygiene, Equipment hygiene, and Personnel hygiene.
- Milk factory floors and walls should be covered with materials suitable for food hygiene. Products that are easy to clean and do not produce bacteria should be preferred throughout the facility. Hygienic floor, hygienic corner, and wall protection applications are specially produced products according to the needs. These products are certified by EHEDG, the global certification organization.
- Lack of knowledge about the use of equipment or the operation of machines is one of the main causes of bacterial contamination of milk and other dairy products. It is very important to provide proper training to staff and routinely check equipment’s operating performance to prevent it.
- Failure to comply with equipment cleaning and sanitation standards can also result in contamination through harmful substances such as milk residues, allergens, microorganisms, or chemical residues. Therefore, comprehensive cleaning and sterilization of the equipment should be done regularly.
- Industry-approved detergents and disinfectants that are not abrasive should be used during cleaning.
- Maintain an optimum drainage system in the processing area and provide ample water supply for effective cleaning. In drainage systems, choose stainless drainage systems that do not produce bacteria and are easy to clean.
- Prefer anti-acid floor applications that do not produce bacteria. These applications should be easy-to-clean, long-lasting floors that comply with occupational safety rules.
- Automatic washing devices are effective methods to ensure hygiene.
- In the dairy industry, maintaining personal hygiene is also important for producing high-quality, harmful bacteria-free dairy products. People working in a milk production facility must wear clean and sterilized work clothes, including face masks, hair caps, and gloves.
- Employees in the production facility should not use jewelry or cosmetics.
Milk factory floor specification
Milk is a perishable food. It can easily reach microbial contamination and high pH levels. If facilities don’t take appropriate hygiene measures in production and storage conditions, this situation will cause a decrease in the quality and taste of dairy products.
Hygiene is one of the basic parameters ensuring the quality and reliability of any milk production facility. It is imperative to maintain basic hygiene standards and monitor performance to comply with industry best practices and ensure the highest level of food safety for end consumers. To ensure hygiene in the dairy industry, applications required should begin during the facility’s establishment. If unhygienic floor applications are applied during the facility’s establishment, the hygiene measures taken in production will not be of any use. For this reason, anti-acid, anti-bacterial porcelain floor applications should be preferred during the installation phase of the facility. Anti-acid floors are floor applications suitable for high hygiene processes. Acid prof tile application is the most suitable floor application for food manufacturing flooring.
The main features of the anti-acid porcelain milk factory floor
– Firstly, it has a non-slip structure suitable for work safety,
– Secondly, with its anti-impact structure, it shows high resistance to heavy-duty machines,
– Thirdly, high temperatures not affect it,
– Fourthly, resistance to abrasion in areas with heavy human traffic
– Last but not least, they are effective solutions for creating long-lasting solid grounds.
As a result, the milk factory floor; producers should cover with specially manufactured products to meet high hygiene standards. As Vibroser, we offer floor solutions tailored to the needs of your milk production facility. You can review our products and contact us for more information.