What Are Epoxy Adhesives and Joint Sealants?
Epoxy adhesive and joint sealants strengthen the bond between the surface and anti-acid tile ceramic during the floor covering process. It is among the most preferred coating materials in heavy loads and high traffic for people and vehicles. It is one of the most preferred coating materials on floors with heavy loads and high human and vehicle traffic areas. Epoxy adhesive and joint sealants can be used on floors for many years. A professional team should assemble it to get the highest efficiency.
It can be used in order to increase the durability, especially on floors with abrasion danger in sectors where chemicals are used. These products, which maximize durability in the area in which they are used, are one of the most adaptable building materials with surfaces. Different types of adhesives are produced according to the purpose of use.
Before applying these materials, dust, dirt, parts, cement residues, oil, and grease on joint surfaces should be cleaned, and the floor should be dry. If the floor is cleaned with the correct methods before application, the highest adhesion feature can be achieved. You can choose joint sealants to increase the durability of the floor in industrial facilities. You can also find models that you can apply on the wall.
Epoxy Adhesive and Joint Sealants Types
This product group is manufactured in different specifications for industrial purposes. From products specially developed for industrial plants, you can choose the one that suits your needs. The products types produced are as follows;
XW1000 Epoxy Adhesive and Repair Mortar
Specially developed for use in vibration system applications in industrial facilities. This product is epoxy-based on gel paste type. This product has an r2 class high adhesion. There is no solvent in this product. It can also be used as a multi-purpose repair fee in industrial facilities.
- Starting cutting adhesion force: 11.3 N/mm2
- Shear adhesion strength after immersion in water 12.3 N / mm2
- Shear adhesion strength after thermal shock 9,0 N / mm2
- Report Evaluation Date 18.09.2019
- Report Date / Number 09.09.2019 / 487467
W065 Epoxy Adhesive and Joint Sealant
The highlight of this adhesive is that it can be used on walls and floors. It is produced as a paste type adhesive. There are no solvents in its structure. It is a type of adhesive that can be easily wiped with hot water. This Epoxy-based product provides R2 and RG2 class high adhesion properties. It can be used as an adhesive and joint filler as well as a repair mortar.
- Starting cutting adhesion force: 11,4 N/mm2,
- Shear adhesion strength after immersion in water: 13,9 N/mm2,
- Shear adhesion strength after thermal shock: 7,0 N/mm2,
- Report Evaluation Date: 18.09.2019
- Report Date / Number: 09.09.2019/487468
W13 A+B Liquid Epoxy Joint Sealant, Epoxy C Special Silica Sand
It is an epoxy joint sealant specially developed for industrial facilities. Solvent-free product. It is a great convenience to be implemented with a machine system. It is easily wipeable with water. A B C is a three-component liquid joint sealant. It is a product with high adhesion characteristics belonging to the R2G class.
Where Are Epoxy Adhesive and Joint Fillings Used?
It can be used indoors or outdoors according to preference. It is also manufactured to be used on walls and floors. You can use these products in the joints of areas such as all-ceramic, porcelain ceramic, faience, glass mosaic
- In general, the areas of use are as follows;
- Milk and dairy facilities-
- Meat and meat products facilities-
- Bakery, patisserie, and cafes
- Honey production facilities
- Food production facilities
- Dining halls and kitchens
- Swimming pool and hot springs
- Beverage production facilities
- Hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceutical warehouses, and pharmaceutical factories
- Shopping centers and large markets
- Textile and leather production facilities
- Chemical, cosmetics sector
- Airport, bus terminal, metro station
- Automotive sector
- Can be used in areas such as power plants and the petrochemical industry.
You can choose the type of epoxy adhesive you want based on the area you will use. When these products harden after use, they become resistant to all kinds of external effects. It shows high resistance to water, frost, snow, and other bad weather.
What Are the advantages of Epoxy Adhesive and Joint Filling?
Epoxy adhesives are products with a wider use advantage than other adhesives and joint sealantS;
- It is a product that can be easily processed and combed.
- It has a high resistance to chemicals. It has not been affected by chemical products for many years.
- Mechanical durability is also high.
- It is resistant to acid, alkali, and oils and chemical and mechanical durability. Regardless of chemical or vegetable oil, it is used in industrial facilities and is not affected by oils.
- It is an antibacterial product. It is effective in providing hygiene in the area where it is used. It is effective against mold, fungi, or bacteria.
- Many floors begin to wear out over time, depending on usage. However, the epoxy joint Sealant can withstand wear for many years. The wear resistance of the product is higher than other adhesives.
- It is a dirt-free material. Also, the floor where it is used is easy to clean.
- It can be easily used in different joint widths.
- It has high strength against short-term sudden temperature changes.
- It is also resistant to freezing and thawing cycles when used outdoors.
- It also keeps its strength when it thaws after frost in the winter months.
- It is an adhesive suitable for contact with drinking water.
- It is a product with long life and high durability against cracking and wear. No cracking problems are depending on usage.
- It can be easily cleaned with water if the resin is ignored on the ceramic surface during the application process. This does not create unwanted images after the application.
- These adhesives are versatile and functional products in industrial areas.
How to Apply Epoxy Adhesive and Joint Sealants?
Epoxy adhesive and joint Sealants should be applied correctly to have the expected effect. The more professional the application is made, the higher the adhesion and durability ratio. To keep these products intact, the surface to be applied must have certain characteristics.
Joint and joint surfaces should be free of dust, dirt, cement residue, oil, grease, and wetness before application. Therefore, the surface to be applied should be cleaned meticulously and then let dry.
It must be stirred for 3-4 minutes until it becomes homogeneous with a low-speed hand mixer. Combing and grouting are done with a steel and rubber trowel. Epoxy adhesives provide high resistance to many conditions on the floor or wall where they are used. Because of this feature, it is the most preferred adhesive and repair mortar in industrial facilities. If a professional makes the application, the adhesion feature will increase. It is a product that can be used without problems for many years if a professional person takes the procedure under favorable conditions on the floor or wall to which it will be applied.
Epoxy Adhesive and Joint Sealant Prices
Epoxy adhesive and joint sealant prices vary according to the model of the product. Currently, we produce XW1000 epoxy adhesive and repair mortar, W065 epoxy adhesive and joint filling, W13 A B liquid epoxy joint filling, epoxy C special silica sand as there are three different products. All products have different pricing. You can choose the product you want to suit your needs.
During application, materials overflowing from joints can be easily cleaned by rubbing with warm water and sponges. Also, tools and hands used without hardening can be washed with warm water and soap after application. After hardening, it is possible to clean by mechanical methods.
Epoxy adhesive and joint Sealants form a durable bond between the surface and concrete floor in floor coverings. They are among the floor covering materials that provide great advantages in industrial facilities with heavy load crossings, in areas where there is intense human change.