Stainless steel skirting is a type of skirting made of stainless steel. It provides a luxury and modern look to industrial facilities while closing the gap between the wall and the floor and protecting the walls from impacts.
Stainless steel skirting is product used to minimize the formation of bacteria, especially in industrial facilities and areas that require high hygiene standards. It is very important to prevent the formation of bacteria in facilities that require hygiene processes. However, walls and panel bottoms are the most suitable areas for bacteria. These wall protectors are wall protection products that minimize the formation of bacteria at the bottom of walls and panels in all areas that require hygiene standards.
Panel, wall base or corner areas are the most overlooked areas during cleaning. Dust and bacteria that form in the hard-to-reach parts of these areas can create a great pollution over time. Accordingly, it is difficult to maintain hygiene in corner areas. Both cleaning staff and managers who supervise cleaning can have difficulties about focusing on these areas. Stainless steel skirting boards applied to these areas can minimize the formation of bacteria even in the most inaccessible areas.
Corrosion can occur when there is humid air, dirty surfaces and a chemical environment. Stainless skirting boards also protect the areas from corrosion. In addition, because of their design, they allow cleaning equipment to easily reach corners that are difficult to reach during cleaning the area.
In industrial facilities, chemical and acid materials can damage floors and walls. Stainless steel skirting has a smooth surface and is highly resistant to chemicals and acids.
Stainless Steel Skirting Usage Areas
Stainless skirting boards are generally used in food production facilities, industrial facilities and facilities that require a high hygienic environment. The usage areas of these products can be listed as follows;
- Food processing facilities: Facilities producing food and beverages, including meat processing plants, dairies, bakeries and beverage factories
- Health care facilities: Facilities providing medical care, such as hospitals, clinics and nursing homes
- Laboratories: Facilities engaged in research or testing, such as medical laboratories and research facilities
- Pharmaceutical facilities
- Clean rooms: Facilities used in production or scientific research that require a controlled environment with minimal pollution
- Cosmetics production facilities: Facilities producing cosmetics, personal care products and perfumes
- Childcare facilities: Facilities providing care for children, such as nurseries and daycare centers
- Accommodation and tourism facilities: Hotels, resorts, restaurants, etc. that serve food and host guests
- Schools and universities: Educational facilities that have classrooms and laboratories
- Textile manufacturing: Facilities producing garments, fabrics and other textiles
- Chemical factories: Chemical production facilities, including fertilizers and cleaning products
- Electronic factories: Facilities where electronic devices such as computers, televisions and cell phones are produced
- Automotive factories: Facilities where cars, trucks and other vehicles are produced
- Construction materials factories: Facilities where materials such as cement, bricks and tiles are produced
What Does Stainless Steel Skirting Board Do?
Stainless steel skirting is a product that offers effective solutions in all facilities that require hygiene. These products are also produced at different heights according to need.
Cleaning is one of the biggest problems in production facilities that have large areas and facilities that require high hygiene. Although many facilities take professional cleaning measures, it can be challenging to maintain hygiene at the bottom of walls and panels. These products, known as stainless panel protectors, are easy to clean. The wall and panel bottoms, which are the most difficult for cleaning personnel to reach, can be easily reached and hygiene here can be ensured easily.
In facilities that require hygiene, it is difficult to prevent the formation of bacteria in hard-to-reach areas of walls and panels. Stainless steel hygienic curb minimizes the formation of bacteria as it provides hygiene in the bottom areas, which are the most suitable areas for bacteria to form. These products’ material and structure is antimicrobial. Panel protectors are designed not to contain glass fiber for the safety of food produced in food facilities.
In many areas such as food production facilities, chemical, textile, petrochemical, pharmaceutical industries, large carrying equipment is used to transport materials. These equipment hit the edges of panels, walls and columns during the transportation process by employees. Depending on the level, walls, panels and columns are worn out by light, medium and heavy impacts. Stainless steel skirting boards protects panels, walls and columns against light, medium and heavy impacts by heavy equipment. In other words, with the help of small measures you take in your facilities, you can protect both your walls and your equipment that you do not want to be damaged.
In sectors such as chemicals, petrochemicals and leather, as well as in industrial plants containing chemicals and acids, walls, panels, floors and columns wear out in a short time due to acids and chemicals. The surfaces of stainless curbs, which serve as corner protection elements, are resistant to acids and chemicals. In other words, walls, floors, columns and panels are not damaged even if exposed to chemicals and acids.
Advantages of Stainless Steel Skirting
Stainless steel skirting offers many advantages over other traditional skirting made of wood or other materials. Here are some of the advantages of stainless steel skirting:
Durability: Stainless steel is a strong and durable material that can withstand intense pedestrian traffic, making it ideal for high-traffic areas such as hallways, lobbies and commercial spaces.
Stylish Appearance: Stainless steel skirting adds a modern, luxury and stylish look to all spaces.
Requires Low Maintenance: Stainless steel is easy to clean and maintain. Unlike wood, it does not require regular polishing or painting. Simply wipe with a damp cloth to keep it looking like new.
Hygienic: Stainless steel is a nonporous material, means it does not absorb bacteria or germs. Ideal for food production facilities, hospitals, schools and other places where hygiene is a priority
Environment Friendly: Stainless steel is a sustainable material that can be recycled indefinitely without losing its quality.
Creates a Smooth Transition: Stainless steel skirting creates a smooth transition between floor and wall, making the room look more harmonious and cohesive.